STIX - Upgradable Weld Scanner
Upgradable solution to scan circular pipe welds using TOFD, Phased Array or combined techniques at your fingertips!
This exclusive modular approach starts from a simple and functional STIX 2 wedge magnetic scanner that can be upgraded to fit any required configurations by adding one of the modular options.
Any Sonatest Phased Array and TOFD wedges can be accommodated and the integrated latch allows easy PCS (Probe Centre Spacing) adjustments and scanner installation. A Park brake is provided to hold the scanner in any desired location. All the wheels (magnetic or not) are coated with urethane to prevent foreign debris from hindering smooth rolling of the scanner.
Each STIX system includes a spring loaded module to ensure accurate positioning. The encoder output is fully compatible with Sonatest instruments.
- Low cost encoded dual sides PA or TOFD solution
- Combine both PA and TOFD techniques in one pass
- Steady and repetitive
- High production performances
- Apps for ferrous piping and vessels
- The STIX frame includes convenient handles for scanner handling as well as mounting points for accessories.
- Brakes are provided to lock the location of the scanner in a required position.
- The extremely adjustable slip joint probe holders accommodate most of phased array wedges.
- A spring-loaded encoder ensures accurate scanner positioning. The 5V DC TTL encoder is fully compatible with all standard instruments.
- The magnetic wheels are coated with urethane to reduce the effects of foreign debris obstructing the rolling of the scanner. To further increase the flexibility of the system, the wheels are also stackable to increase the magnetic attraction when required.
|JX-1001||2 Probe Magnetic Scanner (TOFD & PA)|
|JX-1002||4 wedge holders (TOFD & PA) Upgrade Kit|
|JX-CHAIN 4-12/24/38||Pipe chain scanner (circumferential) Upgrade Kit|
|JX-1006||6 wedge holders (TOFD & PA) Upgrade Kit|
- Pipe Range, Circumferential: 10.2 cm (4 in) to flat Pipe Range, Internal Flat to 152.4 cm (60 in)
- Encoder Resolution: 9.05 counts/mm (230.0 counts/inch)
- Probe Holding Capacity: 2 phased array wedges
- Encoder Cable Length: 5 m (16.4 ft)1
- Inspection Surface: Ferrous materials
What's in the box?
- STIX Frame with 40 cm (15.7 in) frame bar
- Spring-Loaded Encoder, 5 m (16.4 ft) encoder cable length
- Slip joint phased array probe holders with standard, drop arms x2
- Probe holder arm set – long, drop arm x2
- Magnetic wheels x8
- Probe holder spare parts kit
- 4 mm ID irrigation kit (7/16 in Quick Connect)
- Cable clips x2
- Tool and spare kit
Phased Array Technique for Inspection of Contact Point Corrosion
The PA-CAT™ phased array technique developed by Holloway NDT & Engineering Inc. is an attenuation-based modelling algorithm used to evaluate the minimum remaining wall thickness at pipe or vessel supports.
Austenitic Stainless Steel Solution DAAH – Dual Linear Array Probe
300 series stainless steels are the most common sub-group of austenitic steels and are used in a large variety of processes and industries, typically for corrosion resistance of high temperature service. Comprehensive inspection techniques are vital to ensure safe operation.
Long Seam Weld Inspection – Manual
This package is specifically created for a quick and easy solution to manually inspect Long Seam Welds.
Long Seam Weld Inspection – Encoded (Semi-Automatic)
The tools in this package are specifically selected to provide an easy and accurate solution for the semi-automatic encoded inspection of long seam welds.
Dual Linear Array (DLA) – Encoded Weld Inspection
Dual Linear Array probes provide an adaptive and modular solution for weld inspection of material with high signal attenuation as they can significantly improve signal to noise ratio.