The ROTIX - Chain Weld Scanner kit is designed to provide encoded position of probes circumferentially around piping for weld inspection on ferrous or non-ferrous inspection surfaces.
It is completely configurable for phased array, TOFD and conventional UT with single or multiple probes. Since this package includes a set of 8 magnetic wheels, this scanner can also perform inspection without the chain on ferrous materials like a standard magnetic scanner.
- Using two link lengths and an adjustable buckle, any size of pipe can be inspected from 152.4mm - 965.2mm (6in - 38in) diameter. Links are designed with quick releases to easily be added or removed.
- A double wheel chain is used to straddle the weld. This allows the scanner frame to be centered on the weld to reduce wandering and reduce the width of the scanner.
- An integrated latch allows easy probe centre spacing adjustment and scanner installation. Due to its modular design most major types of phased array wedges can be accommodated.
- All wheels are coated with urethane to reduce the effects of foreign debris obstructing the rolling of the scanner. Urethane also eliminates the sideways sliding of the scanner in a required position.
- A brake is provided to lock the location of the scanner in a required position.
- The encoder output is fully compatible with all standard instruments.
- The scanner is sealed using O-ring gaskets and seals to protect against the penetration of contaminants into the unit.
|JX-KIT-4-12 /24/38||Standard Kit Content|
- Pipe Range, Circumferential: 10.2 cm - 96.5 cm (4 in 38 in)
- Encoder Resolution: 9.05 counts/mm (230.0 counts/inch)
- Probe Holding Capacity: 2 TOFD wedges, 2 phased array wedges
- Encoder Cable Length: 5 m (16.4 ft)1
- Inspection Surface: Ferrous and non-ferrous materials
What's in the box?
- 40cm (15.7in) Bar
- 8 magnetic wheels
- 4 Rubber wheels
- 4 wide yokes for PA or TOFD wedges
- 4 standard arm sets
- 4 short arm sets
- Wedge buttons
- Encoder (5m)
- Tool and spare kit