This manually-operated magnetic scanner is ideal for weld inspection of steel pipes using multiple probes including phased array, TOFD and pulse echo. The MultiMag can be used on 3" pipes up to flat plate. The compact scanner is highly versatile and can carry up to four ultrasonic probes.
The MultiMag can operate with any multi-channel flaw detection system. It includes a sprung-loaded wheel encoder that is wired to suit the customer's instrumentation.
Optional accessories include a guide chain to maintain scanner alignment and direction or a laser guide for the operator to track a weld line by eye.
- User friendly scanner, allows for quick, effective setups
- Quick release handles allow easy movement of wheels, tool-post and encoder positions
- No need for adjustment tools due to quick release handles on all moveable parts
- Pivoting arms to optimise probe contact
- Wheel brackets tilt to assist with misaligned welds
- Positional encoder output
- Robust construction for practicality on site
- Large PCS version available
- For use with any manufacturers probes, wedges and instrumentation
|PX-MULTIMAG-2-VEO||VEO Multi Mag 2 (PA / TOFD)|
|PX-MULTIMAG-4-VEO||VEO Multi Mag 4 (PA / TOFD)|
- Holds up to four probes
- Spring loaded waterproof wheel encoder. IP68 rated (immersion up to 1m)
- Independently sprung and gimballed Tool-posts.
- Operates in any orientation from 3" O/D up to flat plate
- Encoder Resolution: 65.6 steps/mm
What's in the box?
- MultiMag Scanner frame
- 4 x magnetic wheels
- 2 x 30mm TOFD toolposts
- 2 x 40mm PA toolposts with cradle to hold PA wedge
- Waterproof wheel encoder with 5m cable
- Irrigation tubing and accessories
- Hard carrying case