This manually-operated magnetic wheeled scanner is ideal for weld inspection of pipes using multiple probes including phased array, TOFD and pulse-echo. The MagMan can be used on 1.5" pipes up to flat plate.
The highly versatile MagMan now features fourth generation upgrades to make this manual weld inspection scanner even easier to use in the field. MagMan can hold twelve probes, so is ideal for inspections requiring a combination of phased array and one or more TOFD pairs or multiple UT probes and can be configured to inspect pipe welds from 2” OD circumferential and 9” OD longitudinal up to flat on ferromagnetic material.
The MagMan can operate with any multi-channel flaw detection system. It includes a sprung-loaded wheel encoder that is wired to suit the customer's instrumentation.
- This most versatile weld inspection scanner, the Magman can be configured for inspecting either circumferential or longitudinal pipe welds.
- It is ideal for inspections requiring a combination of phased array and one or more TOFD pairs or multiple pulse-echo transducers.
- The MagMan has large magnetic wheels that provide a stable platform and a smooth rolling motion.
- The frame includes angular adjustment to enable the scanner to be used on small diameter pipes.
- The toolposts incorporate gimbals in two directions to ensure the transducers stay in contact and accommodate surface variations.
- The transducers can easily be re-positioned relative to the weld, fixed in place with a thumb screw.
- It can be used from 1.5" pipes for circumferential welds and 9" OD pipes for longitudinal welds up to flat plate.
|PX-MAGMAN-2-VEO||VEO Magman 2 (PA / TOFD)|
|PX-MAGMAN-4-VEO||VEO Magman 4 (PA / TOFD)|
|PX-MAGMAN-6-VEO||VEO Magman 6 (PA / TOFD)|
|PX-MAGMAN-8-VEO||VEO Magman 8 (PA / TOFD)|
|PX-MAGMAN-4-TOFD/PE||VEO Magman 4 (TOFD/PE)|
- Holds from 2 up to 12 probes
- Quick release adjustments throughout
- Frame incorporates three measurement rules for accurate probe separation
- Probes independently sprung and gimballed
- Independent suspension on all 4 magnetic wheels for uneven surfaces
- Accurate tracking via guide chain or laser
- Spring loaded waterproof wheel encoder. IP68 rated
- Encoder Resolution: 65.6 steps/mm
- Compact design: 350mm x 325mm
- Lightweight yet robust aluminum frame: 3kg
What's in the box?
- Adjustable scanner frame
- Magnetic wheeled suspension units
- Spring-loaded encoder wired for any system (including 5 m cable)
- Tool-posts (e.g. MagMan 4 has four tool post)
- Irrigation manifold and tubing
- Rugged hand carry case