For more than 30 years the Railscan name has meant exceptional performance with class-leading design within the rail infrastructure market. The new Sonatest Railscan 125+ flaw detector delivers a higher level of near-surface resolution and penetrating power into a portable and rugged enclosure. It also offers more measuring capabilities than its predecessors for rail applications such as:
- rail walking stick inspection solutions
- rail manual defect sizing
- rail bottom depth measurements
Sonatest Ultrasonic Assurance of Quality
Based on 60 years of experience, the Railscan 125+ is powered by high-end software and electronic technologies:
- Narrow Band amplifiers 2 MHz & 5MHz
- Up to 3 gates for complete inspection solutions
- Encodeer driven for Rail-Thickness auto-logging
- Best signal-to-noise ratio on the market (SNR)
The Reference for Railway Companies
Approved by Network Rail, the owner and infrastructure manager of most of the rail network in England, Scotland and Wales, the Railscan 125+ takes part in the quality control procedures to ensure integrity assessment of the UK railway network.
The Railscan series instruments are used by different private and public railway companies all around the world. Designed in cooperation with railway specialists for railway applicaitions, including:
- Walking Stick Compatible (Sperry Rail, NRS and any other bi-directional walking sticks...)
- Rail Thickness auto-logging function saved directly to a spreadsheet format.
- Single-shot PRF for high-speed multiplexing
- USB outputs to support custom software systems (e.g. Sperry palmtop with GPS)
- Long Battery Life (up to 16 hours, quick re-charge time)
Robust & Reliable
Sonatest's reputation for robust design and proven reliability is an important aspect of our flaw detector ownership. Downtime is expensive and should be minimised to ensure maximum productivity. The Railscan 125+ is constructed to high standards using a high-density enclosure that is sealed to IP67, giving an excellent water resistance so it can withstand the railways' harsh environments in which operators work. The Railscan 125+ comes with a 2 year warranty, extendable to 5 years with Sonacover, and a worldwide service network.
High Visibility Display
For any flaw detector, the display is a crucial element. The Railscan 125+ has a colour transflective VGA display and maximum readability is achieved, even in direct sunlight conditions, through adjustable brightness and the choice of 9 colour palettes, including a black-on-white LCD emulation mode. The Full-Screen mode maximises the A-scan area to improve readability further whilst testing and its fast response and peak capture functionality ensure any indications clearly displayed, even if it only appears for one cycle of the 1 KHz PRF.
High Performance with Total Control
The acknowledged ease of use of the previous Railscan generation has been enhanced with the menu navigation key, providing easy access to functions. The menu structure has been designed to guide the user through their task with operation quickly becoming second nature.
UT-Lity Data Management Software
Ut-Lity software provides everything you need to manage your inspection data, configuration files and software updates.
- Load, store, manage files both on the PC and on a connected flaw detector.
- Save, analyse, colour code and export thickness logging data to spreadsheet/asset management software.
- Update the Flaw Detector Firmware as and when updates become available on our website.
|195154||DFD Storm Case|
|165027||RCA Video Output Cable|
|165028||USB Type A Male Cable Assy|
|152120||Cable DFD to PC|
|MPS-701EU||Flaw Detector Mains Pack|
|MPS-701UK||Flaw Detector Mains Pack|
|MPS-701US||Flaw Detector Mains Pack|
|196170||Sacci Body Hook Harness|
|136168||BNC to BNC 50 Ohm|
|136169||BNC Female to Lemo Male|
|136171||Lemo (M) to Lemo 00( F)|
|152018||BNC (M) to LEMO (F) Adaptor|
simplicity reliability capability