Product Repair Centre Support Tecnician
We are looking for a key individual to join our team and lead the way for our company’s global repair and calibration center support activities. This is a complex position and full support will be given to bring the staff member up to speed from a product perspective,
As this is a key position it is essential that the person in this role takes full responsibility for the effective and efficient support and development of the repair and calibration of Sonatest products in the field through our Global service centers. There is heavy reliance on this role throughout the company, assisting both sales and customer services with technical support of units in the field, as well as engineering and production with the release of service repair technical bulletins and product service repair guides to teams internally and to global service partners.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Produce product service user guides & supporting content to be used by global service partners.
- Plan and coordinate installations and training of global service partners.
- Provides email, video call, telephone, or on-site support of Sonatest Products & Service test equipment.
- Plan and organise service partner annual Audit in a manner that maximises efficient use of time and expenditure to ensure compliance to Sonatest standard of service & repair.
- Determine spare parts list, upgrade actions, service calibration schedule required for active product range.
- Support the process of product obsolescence & access requirements of Service partners.
- With the support of engineering and R&D produce service technical bulletin notes as required.
- Develop and conduct on site installation (Partner) programmes for repair & calibration training.
- Provide the Sales & Customer Service with technical support to customer with reported issues.
- Communication and technical support with both internal service & customers.
- Provide critical product performance & possible improvement feedback to relevant departments.
- Provide technical information and assistance to other departments as necessary.
- Assists the Engineering department with Product development and prototype work.
- Work in conjunction with the Production department on fault finding and Service duties.
- To ensure any process, equipment, materials, or product that do not meet the specified requirements are identified and brought to the attention of the appropriate personnel in accordance with company procedures.
*As part of your role, you may be required to travel to countries which have in place Visa conditions which may restrict or prohibit the entry of staff with certain criminal convictions. Accordingly, you will be required to disclose any current criminal convictions All information provided will be kept in the strictest confidence and only used where required to assess your ability to travel overseas as part of your duties.
- You have a HNC or BTEC Higher certificate in electronic or general engineering.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years customer-facing, equipment service related experience performing the essential duties or equivalent responsibility.
- Understanding of equipment calibration to BS EN & ISO standards.
- Mechanical and electrical/electronic assembly expertise.
- Service & Repair knowledge.
- You must have a Full driving License as Global and UK travel is required.
If you are organised, friendly, possess good communication skills and work well under presure please send you CV to